The purchase or sale of a home is often the biggest legal and financial transaction undertaken by many people. If you are purchasing or selling a property, it’s important to know the steps involved in a conveyancing transaction and to budget for the costs. We offer a transparent fee structure and advise our clients at the start of each transaction of the steps involved and likely costs. At McMahon & Williams Solicitors we take the time to explain the stages of the process to our clients in clear terms and we keep our clients updated on the key stages.
At McMahon & Williams Solicitors, we have experience in a wide variety of property transactions, including:
- Residential Property Purchases & Sales
- Commercial Property Purchase & Sales
- Family Transfers/Voluntary Transfers
- Residential Leases
- Commercial leases
- Mortgages & Re-mortgages
- Agricultural Property transactions
- Co-ownership & Co-habitants agreements
- Tax implications of transactions including stamp duty, Capital Gains Tax and Capital Acquisitions Tax
- Property/Land Disputes
Transfer of Farms & Business
We have a particular interest in the transfer of farms and businesses. This work has been undertaken by McMahon & Williams for over 100 years. Every care is taken to ensure that the method of transfer, whether by Will or gift will be such as is the most tax efficient for all parties.